The skin is the most delicate part of our bodies. If irritated, it can really interfere with our looks. The factors that irritate our acne conditions include:
- Hormones: at puberty stage our skin produces hormones known as androgens that causes sebaceous glands to enlarge hence producing more sebum. A low production of sebum in the blood circulation especially in women may worsen acne.
- Medication (some): certain medication can worsen acne, e.g. some drugs contain lithium, testosterone or corticosteroids.
- Diet: what we consume affects our skin. These include chocolate, foods rich in carbohydrate such as chips.
- Having stress can make acne to be worse.
- Squeezing and picking at pimples blemishes skin.
- Getting exposed to oil skin products and oiled and greased environment.
It is therefore important that the skin is taken care of by avoiding some light mistakes and visiting a dermatologist to guide and advise you on how to take care your delicate skin.